We are all grappling with an issue of immense magnitude. Our hearts go out to all those affected by the coronavirus pandemic.
There is no higher priority to our entire Congressional Award family than the safety of our participants, staff, and volunteers.
To play a constructive role in the containment of the disease, we have taken the following measures in accordance with recommendations from national and local authorities:
1) We are closely monitoring the rapidly changing public health environment
We’re practicing sanitary protocols and best practices to mitigate risks set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO), and the federal government’s Office of Personnel Management (OPM).
2) ALL national and local events previously scheduled from March 17 – April 30 will be canceled until further notice
These events include:
MAR 29 – Florida’s 18th District Ceremony (Palm Beach Gardens)
APR 04 – Missouri Statewide Ceremony (St. Louis)
APR 07 – Nebraska Statewide Ceremony (Bellevue)
APR 19 – Mississippi Statewide Ceremony (Tupelo)
APR 25 – Nevada Statewide Ceremony (Las Vegas)
Our office will work with event organizers to determine the appropriate next steps, including rescheduling events. In addition, we recommend that in-person contact (local award presentations, meetings, participant program activities) not be conducted during this time.
3) Congressional Award staff members are working from home indefinitely
We are also encouraging staff to limit travel and conduct meetings virtually. Our team is optimized for and comfortable with remote work so there will be no significant change in service or support.
4) However, expect delays in review time for Record Book submissions and processing of new registrations
During this work from home period, our team will not have access to our office to complete mailings and review hard copy submissions.
6) Visit this page for ways to navigate through The Congressional Award during COVID-19, including creative activity ideas that suit social distancing and self-isolation.
This continues to be an evolving situation, and we will continue to adjust our policies and procedures in accordance with recommendations from national and local authorities to ensure the safety of our community.
Thank you for your understanding and trust. We are prepared to navigate through these challenging circumstances with your safety at the forefront of everything we do.
-The Congressional Award Team