The Congressional Award is accepting internship applications for the Summer 2013 Semester.
Interns assist Congressional Award Program Managers with the promoting, publicizing, and overseeing of the foundation and its day-to-day operations. This includes program-related activities, medal ceremonies, and national events. The Program Managers are the foundation's liaisons with congressional offices, partnering organizations, schools, advisors, individual participants, education officials, and state and local media.
Interns are also expected to lead a project within the office for the Program. The individual assignments for interns will include the following:
- Updating and compiling social media materials
- Planning and assisting with multiple fundraisers and national events
- Planning and assisting with preparation for the 2013 Gold Medal Ceremony
- Designing a new public service announcement for the program on various mediums
- Networking with the Congressional Award Alumni Association
- Following up with Congressional Award Gold Medalist and congressional offices after the Gold Medal ceremony.
- Organizing meetings for local outreach with congressional offices, youth organizations, schools, etc.
- Compiling mailing lists, planning and staffing events, and assisting in other development projects
Note: This is an unpaid position that offers a small stipend and transportation allowances.
For more information on an internship with the Congressional Award check out the FAQ's. If you are interested in applying, please email your cover letter and resume to Mark Stevans, or fax to (202) 226-0131.