The Congressional Award Foundation is excited to offer a virtual internship program during summer 2020. The program is designed as a unique personal and professional development opportunity for Congressional Award participants amid a global disruption in the workplace.
Eligibility & Requirements
The internship will require 10-15 hours per week with a goal of providing participants with skill-based projects and exposure to the professional landscape. Virtual meetings will be held weekly with business and civic leaders. At the end of the term, interns will present their projects to staff and board members.
Candidates must have been approved for a Congressional Award (any level) before applying and must be at least a rising high school senior.
Ideal candidates should be interested in non-profit management, communications strategy, youth and civic engagement, and/or event management. Strong written communication skills and reliable internet access are required. Experience with Constant Contact, Microsoft Office Suite, and Canva are preferred.
The start date is Monday, July 6. The program will run approximately four weeks, ending with a portfolio presentation on or around Friday, July 31.
Interns will be able to choose their hours, but will be expected to adhere to a work schedule once it is set.
This is an unpaid position. However, The Congressional Award Foundation will cover expenses interns may encounter in the course of their work. All expenses will need to be approved in advance.
- Authoring a 30-second ‘elevator pitch’ on why students should participate in the program
- Writing blog posts to be featured on congressionalaward.org
- Assisting in the production of webinars and online workshops
- Creating an informational presentation/deck to explain The Congressional Award to a youth group or organization
- Assisting in preparations for the Gold Medal Ceremony – Virtual Experience
- Networking and engaging with board members and stakeholders
- Preparing an activity toolkit addressing a specific issue or cause
How to Apply
Please complete the application below by June 22, 2020. Applicants will need to prepare a resume and brief video testimony.