The Congressional Award Foundation is seeking a Digital Communications Intern. Please see the description below for details.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Digital Communications Intern, are to:
- Work with the Communications & Corporate Partnerships teams to draft, post, track, and measure content;
- Manage ongoing social media editorial calendar and assist with content curation for Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn;
- Provide general writing, content capture, and event support;
- Craft pre-event promotional strategies and post-event feedback surveys for attendees;
- Provide social media listening and analytics support, and assist the team with monthly measurement report;
- Help with strategy and management for company employee blog;
- Conduct competitive research, audits and recommendations for Congressional Award social media channels;
- Hands-on support for major company-sponsored programs and events hosted by The Congressional Award, which includes content development, posts summarizing the activities of the day, showcasing sponsors, etc.;
WHO YOU ARE
Currently attending college studying Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or similar field;
Demonstrated organizational, time management and independent prioritization skills and must be self-motivated;
Ability to handle numerous tasks at the same time are imperative to effectively perform the functions of this position, as is attention to detail;
Ability to be highly effective and successful working independently and with teams;
Ability to work through and complete assignments which often result in conflicting priorities and deadlines with little to no supervision;
Personal passion and participation in social and digital media,
Excellent communications skills, with a proven ability to respond with professionalism in verbal as well as written communications;
Competence, flexibility and effectiveness at dealing short notice assignments that will present conflicting priorities.
Proficient computer skills including Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Canva, Adobe Suite, and knowledge of using internet and social media for research tasks.
Experience with social media management and analytics tools a plus.
Experience with graphic design and/or digital content creation a plus.
Monthly Stipend: $500 part-time stipend (Two days per week)