Apply to Become a Diversity Ambassador
In an effort to expand the reach of The Congressional Award Foundation and its mission, the National Office hopes to utilize the skills and resources of program alumni through the Diversity Ambassadors Program (CADA). The purpose of CADA is to provide outreach and support on a local level in order to ensure that The Congressional Award is both accessible to and inclusive of youth from all backgrounds.
In coordination with the National Office’s Diversity and Inclusion Initiative, Ambassadors will be paramount in identifying positive pathways to reach and encourage youth participation within their own communities. Through tools and resources provided by the National Office, Ambassadors will work to further promote the program and encourage involvement among often marginalized and underrepresented youth.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Opportunity to reach a broad audience while highlighting the importance and impact of their Congressional Award projects
- Serve as a liaison for the National Office and local partners, fellow alumni, current participants, National Board Members, and Members of Congress
- Assist in development and production of digital and print media for program promotion
- Conduct outreach and marketing initiatives to promote the program and encourage new participation and partnerships
- Network with National Board Members, Members of the U.S. Senate and House of Representatives, stakeholders, and Congressional Award alumni
- Opportunities to strengthen skills in professional development, leadership, and communication
- Invitations to attend national and regional events, such as the Gold Medal Ceremony in Washington, D.C. and Congressional Roundtables
- Exclusive Diversity Ambassador merch from the National Office
- One-year commitment beginning in October, with opportunity to renew, with approval from the National Office
- Participate in bimonthly meetings facilitated by the National Office. To be considered for renewal, Ambassadors must attend a minimum of four meetings during their term
- Create content about your Award journey for The Congressional Award’s use on our website and social media platforms
- Post at least six social media campaigns promoting The Congressional Award on your personal or professional accounts
- Write at least one post for the Diversity Ambassador Blog
- Serve as a focus group for corporate sponsored initiatives and programs
- Optional: Travel to volunteer in state and national events. Events typically take place on weekends or during the summer months. Expenses are covered by The Foundation.
- Provide quarterly reports of meetings, outreach, and program participation
- Be positive and engaged as a Diversity Ambassador
- Be at least 16 years old and no older than 25 at the start of a serving term
- Have earned at least a Bronze Medal within the last five years. An active participant earning a Silver or Gold Medal is eligible.
How to Apply
Please complete the application below. Applicants will need to prepare a cover letter, and resume.
As our Ambassadors should be representative of our diverse participant body, we encourage individuals from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for this opportunity.